Thursday, February 25, 2010

busy busy

This is going to be short and sweet this week. I'm so busy and thinking about writing a blog is very overwhelming. School is busy because it is the time of year we start planning for the following school year. You can imagine all of the planning, observing and meetings for kiddos that I don't even teach yet. And teaching on top of that.

Today I was in a rush, spilled coffee all over myself, because I was late for the bus (I had to ride the school bus again) and was very unhappy that I had no coffee to drink. The rest of the day was much of the same. When I got back on the bus at the end of the day, I didn't want to talk to, look at, or "do a staring contest" with ANYONE. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I want to scream some days. Yeah, that wouldn't fly so well....

One huge thing I learned this week...don't make a chicken on a Friday night, when trash day is Friday morning. My garbage has smelled SO BAD all week. Just don't do it. Take my word for it.

Okay, so the next blog is going to include a giveaway, and your help is needed. So stay tuned, and I hope to have more exciting experiences to share next time.

"Do you want to have a staring contest? Because I'm really good at them." -first grader

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, what a day you had! This week I learned what "The Sponge" is from a first grader. Apparently it's the name of a Sponge Bob Square Pants' dance. Common knowledge among kids, I guess - but I had no idea! I was hoping for a demonstration, but didn't really get one.

    And a tip - if you ever have chicken scraps, or fish scraps, or whatever it is that you don't want to sit around in your trash can until trash day, tie up the scraps tight in a plastic bag (try doubling it for extra protection) and put it in your freezer... then toss it on trash day. Once it's frozen, it won't smell - and wont' stink up your fridge or freezer. I've done this with shrimp shells, and I've done it with a chicken carcass after i removed all the meat.

    ReplyDelete