Friday, January 22, 2010

All The Single Men

"Excuse me, do you have a girlfriend?"
Trivia night at Margarita's is always a good time. Endless chips and salsa, a sea of useless trivia and lots of...single men?! I have never looked at men in the way I did Wednesday night. With my business card in hand, I planned to lure them in, hand them my information and hope to make a sale for Valentine's day. I hoped, as I approached each group of men, and asked, "Excuse me, do you have a girlfriend?" that they would reply "yes." This is the first time in my life that I've been so bold. This is the first time I've HOPED for unavailable men. My next words would have been, "Well, you should buy her some jewelry for Valentine's day," as I handed my business card over.

"No"....What do you mean, no?!
I talked to 9 men. Not one of them had a girlfriend.

A Win-Win situation
If I ever want to find out if a man is single, I can use this line. If he's single, at least I know he's single. If he's unavailable, well, then perhaps I gain a sale. Either way, the outcome is a positive one for me and I leave still feeling confident...even if my friends are completely embarrassed by my actions.

2 comments:

  1. love it when girls take initiative! nice job Ray Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thats awesome! maybe they weren't single! Maybe they thought you were cute :)

    ReplyDelete