Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Trashy Success: t-shirt finds home

Last week, after quickly becoming obsessed with Johnny Vegas Originals scarves, I DID in fact decide to cut up my beloved t-shirt and make a scarf...it was SIMPLE!

How'd you do it, Rachel?
I found a DIY video. I wasn't a HUGE fan of it, but it worked for what I needed. I skipped over a lot of it. If you want to make your very own t-shirt scarf, now's the time to learn.

The Journey


My beloved shirt


The rip :(


The Slice



Finished Product


My favorite detail


Double it up

T-Shirt's new home
My t-shirt found a new home. Around my neck. I showed it to my brother and said, "I made a t-shirt scarf! Isn't it cool?!" His response, "It looks like a t-shirt."


3 comments:

  1. It looks like a t-shirt scarf! And your neck is warm!

    Good thing you still have about seventeen extra kawanhee shirts laying around, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel this is so cool... I'm going to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel, believe it or not, I only have 1 other one! I got rid of a lot of my stuff...

    Chrissy: TRY IT!

    ReplyDelete