Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Permission to Rest: freedom to be

garnet chips and copper

The other night, I was so frustrated with myself, because I had been feeling like I had so much to accomplish during vacation. Instead of tackling any of these "things", I did absolutely nothing. In reality, none of these "things" even need to get done this week. I put so much pressure on myself all the time. I was talking to a friend who said, "Rachel! Do I need to look up "vacation" in the Merriam-Webster for you? You don't have to work. Give yourself a break." That just about did it for me. It was completely freeing. I don't have to make jewelry, post new items, blog and tweet during vacation this week. A hobby was becoming an obligation and I was the only one who had expectations for myself. That night, I gave myself permission to rest and do nothing.

smoky quartz and copper

The funny thing is...
The next day I wanted to make jewelry. So I sat on the floor (I love sitting on the floor...I don't know why, I just do), caught up on all my favorite shows: Glee, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl (how old am I?), Gray's, and Private Practice, and made some new items. They have not been added to my Etsy shop yet, but they are all for sale.

sterling silver and turquoise chips

gold filled hammered hoops with green freshwater pearls

peridot chips and copper


No comments:

Post a Comment