Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tortilla Chips and Brass Knuckles: my newfound love for all things metal

Mmmm...chips
I love potato chips and tortilla chips (mmm...corn). I also love amethyst chips. And antique brass. And copper.


Metal Mixology
The past few months, I have really enjoyed mixing metals. Now I'm mixing colors with metals. My new found love of brass began as I started realizing how much money I was spending on sterling silver. The prices keep rising. But since I started making jewelry when the price of silver was high, I didn't really have a reference point when I started. Thus began my mixed metal journey.


Tri-Dagger Necklace
This light purple amethyst looks beautiful with the antique brass chain. And the pointy "daggers" add a unique edge to the purple beauty. The necklace is long enough to slip around the neck and can be worn alone or stacked with other necklaces of mixed metals (of which will be made shortly).


Amethyst Chip Earrings
The earrings are a perfect match to the necklace for those who are the matchy-matchy type (I never used to be like this, but my friend, Jenika, told me to match whenever possible, even if you're only matching to your underwear). I didn't take her advice lightly. And to this day, I try to match my underwear to SOMETHING, but the hot pink is always difficult to match. And I like to match my jewelry.


Brass Knuckles
If you have brass knuckles, I suppose you can pair those with the daggers. If you're the brass-knuckle type.

No comments:

Post a Comment